Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Into the Storm


July 28, 8:15 p.m. There was a storm approaching from the Southwest and the cloud tops were magnificent. I could see rain and lightning to my WSW. I decided to grab my little Sony digital camera and take a few shots and some video, hoping to catch the lightning. What showed up in 2 of the stills is a mystery. Also, what showed up in 2 of the video shots is also questionable. One is most likely a bird but the other is just plain baffling. This is especially so, since I was watching the sky and not the camera view screen. I never saw anything but clouds and didn't hear anything unusual.

Click on images for a larger view.

While I took the shots, some pics blurred. I had set the camera on auto and the camera would refuse to focus, then it just shut off. I checked and still had half a charge on the battery but every other time I'd turn the camera on and point it at the sky, it would switch off.

My spouse called me 15 minutes later from the west end of town, saying that it was pouring down rain, with pea to marble sized hail. I could hear the clatter in the background as we spoke. Moments later the rain reached our home, so my picture taking came to an end.
SW

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...