Thursday, July 16, 2009

Possible UFO Shot Down at Ft. Lewis, Washington?


When I saw this sightings report, I found it to be of great interest to me. I was at Ft. Lewis, Washington back in the early 1970s and that is where one of my children was born, at Madigan Army Medical Center. At that time we lived not far from the back entrance to Ft. Lewis, in a quite residential area. During our short stay there, we could hear artillery fire during troop exercises but never at night.

This unusual report brought back memories of a time, long ago, though I never saw any UFOs there. According to the report given to MUFON on the 12th of July, 2009, the sighting took place in Spanaway, WA at 01:41 hours, the morning of Friday, the 10th of July, 2009. Here is that report as it was written and in it's entirety:

"On 7/10/2009 I my husband and I went to bed around 1:30 am we were in bed for a few minutes and we heard a weird dat dat dat noise that was substantially loud, we live off of Fort Lewis and are used to the noise associated with the fort but in 9 years I have NEVER had them randomly start shooting off at 1-2 in the morning. I got up and looked out the window to try and put an object to the noise (was it a horse caught in a fence or kicking at a barn wall, fire works? what was it) I didn't see anything so I went back to bed about 1-2 minutes later we heard it again but this time their were three different rounds of ammunition so my husband got up and looked out the window and said it was coming from Fort Lewis, he went back to bed a minute later it went off again and I got out of bed and my husband got out of bed we went to two different windows and looked outside, I had to view that was pointing to the Fort I saw "tracers" from the ammunition that was being shot from Fort Lewis, I thought that was odd, again in 9 year I have NEVER seen tracers off of ammunition from the fort. I continued to look outside and saw a blue spherical ball of light in the sky darting around and zig zagging through the sky it was very apparent that someone (weather it was Fort Lewis or a private party I don't know) was trying to "shoot down" this thing from the sky. The object was in the sky for about 10 seconds (that I saw) and it disappeared, just vanished once it was gone the shots stopped and we didn't hear anything for the rest of the night. In the morning I went to work (traveling North bound on 8th ave s) and as I drove by Fort Lewis I saw they had large wooden crates (7x7x5) with large yellow WARRNING signs tapped to the front of them that they were loading up onto army truck I don't know if this has anything to do with "someone" trying to shoot down the bouncy ball of light or not but found it to be odd."

Source: www.mufon.com

Editor's note: If you see an unidentified flying object, please report it to MUFON. You can remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...