Sunday, September 12, 2010

Texas UFO Sightings Reports for August 2010


Here are 30 reported sightings of UFOs and related phenomena seen in Texas during the month of August, 2010.
These reports are "as is" (unedited).  To see original MUFON or NUFORC reports, click on case numbers.




*             *             *

MUFON Case # 24882
Date/Time: 1998-12-19 18:00 GMT
Location: Eagle Pass. TX
Shape:    Boomerang,Circle,Other
Duration: 00:30:00
Summary: 3 lights dropping 20 smaller UFOs red& blue flying in different patterns.

See LITS Report

  *

MUFON Case # 24888
Submitted Date:    2010-08-01 19:29 GMT
Date/Time: 1978-03-15 20:00 GMT
Location: Conroe, TX
Shape:    Disc
Summary: My mother and I witnessed a disc shaped object float over our street and hover in a field behind our house.

Although I'm not certain of the precise date, the event definitely occurred on a Tuesday, as I recall watching a television program just before it happened that aired 20:00 hrs. on Tuesdays back in 1978. It was in early March, on a cool, crisp, clear night, and despite our being in an area thick with trees, the sky was quite visable due to the time of year (before the trees had budded out.) My brother and I were watching TV in the den at one end of our house. Our parents were at the other end reading. For whatever reason, my brother was drawn to the window and opened the curtains to peer into the night. This is when he saw the object that evening.

He told me to come to the window to have a look, and he then called to our parents. In the night sky, above the trees, I saw a circular formation of orange lights that slowly rotated, following our street as it drifted away from our house. It was difficult to estimate an approximate size, but I would guess the diameter of the circle formed by the lights to be about forty or fifty feet. I thought at first that it was perhaps the Goodyear blimp, a somewhat common sight in southeast Texas at the time, as Goodyear had a blimpbase only about twenty miles to our south.

My mother came into the room and looked out anxiously to see what it was. My father, however, stayed at the other end of the house, not curious in the least bit. I was ten at the time, and my brother was six. My mother immediately wanted to investigate the lights, so she and I went out to the back yard to see if we could still see anything. My brother didn't come with us, as I think he was considered too young, and neither did my disinterested father. My mother and I went to the back fence to look into an open field that sat behind us. The treeline at the rear of that field was a good 500 feet away, so we had ample space to view it if it were to go that direction. It did, fortunately, and we both got a stellar view of the object. From our vantagepoint, we saw what appeared to be a disc-shaped craft, as indicated by a bank of orange lights at the base and an outline of lights of various colors on the top of it. The lights, as my mother recounts with unassailable accuracy, didn't radiate in typical incadescent "Christmas tree" colors. Rather, she remembers them to be very similar to the halogen or LED lights of the present day. I don't know if this technology was around in the late seventies, but if it was, we certainly hadn't seen any of them. The lights didn't blink, as they might if the object had been an earth-bound aircraft. They were solid and not really bright, which would account for my mother's on-technical description of them.

Another strange characteristic of this object was its eerie silence. Neither of us heard any typical engine sounds emenating from it, like what would come from a plane, helicopter, or even the Goodyear blimp. The only sound it seemed to make was a soft swooshing, reminiscent of a dishwasher in its rinse cycle. (I don't remember this as well as my mother does, so I'm just relaying this bit from her.)

When we first saw it in the field, the object was still slowly floating just above the treeline from left to right, but it soon stopped moving laterally and more or less parked itself about 100 feet above the ground. During the remainder of the encounter, the object hovered a few feet above the trees. My mother and I stood there mesmerized by this thing, watching it for maybe ten minutes and pondering what it could possibly be. I distinctly remember us discsussing how it reminded us of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", which had come out only the summer before.

Soon after this, we witnessed what turned out to be the highlight of the whole night. As we watched the object hover there before us, our eyes caught sight of a small bright red point of light steadily moving across the starry sky from one end of the horizon, above the trees in our yard, across the field and towards the craft. As it approached the craft, we noticed another red light coming from the opposite direction, and still another, until four red balls of light converged on the object from different parts of the sky. One by one, these red balls slowed and moved in towards the object, stopping just above it, and then descended into the top of it, until all four had dissappeared. My mother mentioned these perhaps being scout ships coming back to the mothership after a reconaissance mission, which sounded pretty plausible to me! We waited for the object to start moving again, but nothing happened for a few minutes. Suddenly, as if it sensed us observing it, the object turned on two white spotlights on opposite ends of the craft, and the lights criss-crossed several times, focusing on the field between us. After this startling display , my mother felt like we might be pressing our luck staying there, so we headed inside with the object still sitting above the trees. I remember wanting to remain there until it left, but being only ten, I had little say in that decision. Upon hindsight, my mother regretted our going back in the house before it departed. She now wishes we had waited at least a few more minutes to see what its next move would be. I later suggested we might've avoided an abduction by leaving when we did. Apparently, that didn't happen, as the forty-five minutes or so that elapsed while we were outside were accounted for by the fact that my father and brother didn't act like we were gone too terribly long.

Additionally, I returned to the den to pick up the show following the one on TV at the time we left the room. A short time later, my brother told everyone that this evening was not the first time he had seen the object. He had seen it sitting above the same treeline the night before while looking out my parents' bedroom window after having been compelled to go look out. When asked why he didn't mention seeing it the previous night, he didn't have an answer. As for my father, he says he believes we all saw what we saw, but he still thinks a more earthly explanation exists, which is why he never bothered to have a look that night. (Personally, I think it was simply a case of the reading chair being too comfortable.) We all agree that he missed out on the most extraordinary experience of our lives. Had this event occurred today, we most certainly would have documented it with video.

I tried to find out if it had been witnessed by anyone else in our immediate area, but none of our neighbors saw it (or so they say.) I wish my mother and I had had the presence of mind to get our neighbors next door to come out and see it for themselves, but it didn't occur to us at the time. Maybe that was just as it was meant to be, a special experience only a selected few are allowed to have in their lives. For that, we are honored. My mother and I tend to be a bit greedy in this regard, however, because both of us would absolutely welcome another chance to see this craft or another in our lifetimes. It is the topic of conversation on many visits, especially in March, when we quietly celebrate the anniversary of what we feel to be our greatest moment together as mother and child, second only to my birthday, but only a close second at that!!

Thank you for the opportunity to share my story with you. Hopefully, it will be of some use to you in your investigation.

Please feel free to contact me for any other details, as it is entirely possible something else might come to mind that I failed to mention here. I would be interested to know if there are any reports of sightings around that time in my area that might corraborate my account. If so, please let me know. Thanks again!!

  *

MUFON Case # 24907
Date/Time: 1967-06-30 22:00 GMT
Location: Fort McKavett, TX
Shape:    Circle,Sphere
Distance:    Unknown
Summary: Bright luminous orange shape in the sky, like moon but larger

See LITS Report

  *

MUFON Case # 24909
Date/Time: 2010-08-02 22:55 GMT
Location: EL Paso, TX
Shape:    Star-like
Distance:    Over one mile
Summary: Multiple star-like events over 1.5 hrs in and around Big Dipper Constellation

Report:
I was walking outside with my brother through the front door which faces east south-east as he was leaving to go home. As he was entering his vehicle, he asked what planet was above the Big Dipper, above the "pot" area which is formed by four stars and attached to the handle. I looked up, which was to my north west and noticed a star-like object in the position he described but knew it could not be a planet since it was well above the elliptic. It was not moving but it's star-like appearance along with the four other stars formed a pentagon shape. A few seconds later or so, we both witnessed it just fade away.

We could hardly believe what we saw. After a few minutes he proceeded home after we also had seen a couple of meteors. A few minutes later, I had told my wife and some other family members of what we saw and the meteors so they came outside.

What we saw after some minutes later were three meteors in just a few seconds streak across the sky from like south to north and one of them from east to west. We kept looking at the night sky and I looked towards the Big Dipper again, and very soon, within about two minutes, I noticed another star-like object, but this time it was just below the handle of the Big Dipper and next to the upper left star of the "pot" of the Dipper. And this time it was moving very slowly diagonally towards the right and below. By then, my family also saw it, to include one of my nieces. I and they could hardly believe it and I quickly had my wife call my brother since I could not keep my eyes off what I was seeing.

He and his wife came over immediately but by then it had disappeared again. He lives only about five minutes from my home. By this time, we continued watching the area, and were particularly focused in the Big Dipper area. We all then saw star-like objects again in and around the Big Dipper area. We saw them with the unaided eye and with three binoculars.

The star-like objects were moving slowly but were also changing in color and direction and in some cases, large directional and angle shifts. Each time they faded away or simply vanished.

The time line began around 10:55 pm when we saw the 1st star-like object - witnessed by two family members as noted above.

11:10pm - saw three meteors
11:11 - 11:15 pm - saw star-like object moving through Big Dipper diagonally as noted above.

Witnessed by three family members.
11:26-11:38 pm - star-like object (s) around Big Dipper that was witnessed by seven family members.
11:45 - "shooting star", meteor through Big Dipper
11:56 - star-like object near third star in handle of Big Dipper proximal to the "pot". witnessed by seven
11:56 pm - 12:00 am - something moving up or shooting up from same third star as described above.

Noticed by two family members
12:00 am - another meteor to right of Big Dipper.
12:06 am - something moving up, star like object, from between the 2nd and 3rd star of handle.
12:15 am - meteor through the center of Big Dipper from SE to NW direction.
12:25 am - meteor through handle of Big Dipper.

This is the best of my recollection. The times are quite accurate as I instructed one family member to record time of star-like objects and or meteors noted.

  *

MUFON Case # 24941
Date/Time: 2010-08-02 22:42 GMT
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Shape:    Sphere
Summary: An orangish sphere slowly moved northwest across Dallas/Ft. Worth swirling bright red and white light around its surface.

Well i was leaving my uncle's house around 10:30pm central time. I made my way to I-20 heading west, as soon as I found my lane trying to get into the middle lane , I immediately noticed the light directly in front of me well above the horizon but not high enough for me to have to peek up out of my windshield. Not wanting to be a bad driver I asked my girlfriend and brother what is that ? They responded looks like an airplane so by then i had reached my exit to head south on 360 on the overamp i took another glance at it and said are sure thats a plane it has no blinking lights none of the signs that screams im an airplane ! i then tell them stressing " keep your eyes on it dont loose it " it only takes 7 minutes to get back to my house exiting off of 360 i turn west on to my road. And the object was perfectly positioned in between the trees down the street, now that i had focused in on it and the trees are moving past me i was asking my brother and girlfriend if it was moving, no one could tell because of the cars movement. So i pulled over next to a junior high facing west behind the school I parked and turned off the car i was really excited and anxious to get some references to make some decision as to what it could be. Well i got it cause it was right over the tree line and sure enough it's movements were little left , then up ,little right , back up , freeze , at one time it started coming back towards the south east but watched it gain altitude a bit and resume course back north west. Overfilled with a rush i hopped back in the car went straight for my ladder and got on the roof with my brother we observed this light change it's colors by swirling a red from our left to our right followed by periods of orange then white it stayed a steady course for over a half an hour in between it would go dim then go out completely then reappear. I thought to myself after it had reappeared this is the real thing i point at all the planes and stars around for comparison all flights that go into DFW Airport come over and around my house i saw three planes make there way across the sky and disappear before i even lost sight of the object over the trees no telling how long it was there it was 10 til midnight when i went inside the house to collect my thoughts it wasnt till the next morning that i wondered if anybody else saw it and thats when i ran across this site

(Note: Does this person know what a period, comma and capital letters are for? -SW)

  *

NUFORC Case # S76947
Occurred : 8/2/2010 02:50
Location: San Antonio, TX
Shape: Changing
Duration: 1hr
Summary: is it a comet coming towards earth?

Report:
comet light shape traveling slowly. Flashing tail like objects surrounding it. Also gets brighter and looks like getting closer to earth. South east of the moon. Moving south at slow pace.

Blue tails appear and dissapear. A cloudy fog light surrounds it.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77030
Occurred : 8/4/2010 07:00
Location: Glen Rose, TX
Shape: Circle
Duration:10 min
Summary: low no noise craft like a ball of light went right over our heads

Report:
watching for falling stars all night sun was coming up still kinda dark but a low like a plane buzing you aircraft no noise came from south to north in steady but slow motion. It went directly over our heads.

Never seen anything like it at all and my friends and I were so freaked about it that we have not disgused it sense it happened.

  *

MUFON Case # 24977
Date/Time: 2010-08-04 19:15 GMT
Location: Little Elm, TX
Shape:    Bullet/Missile
Duration:    00:00:01
Distance:    20 feet or less
Entity Type:    Insect-like
Summary:  Possibly a ROD

Report:
While videotaping small rc plane, the camera captured the attached objects on about one and one half frames. Objects cannot be seen with human eye. Attached are two examples of many unusual objects captured on several videos.

Unfortunately, most of the videos were taken in standard definition at 30 fps and 640x480 pixels. The larger object is in HD. One more note: while flying airplane at low speed approximately 60 feet high, I noticed something about the size and shape of a hummingbird, color light gray, was hovering around the plane. Considering the timid nature of hummingbirds, it is doubtful that it could have been one. If this is of interest to you, arrangements can be made to provide you with the full videos so that you can analyze them. With regards, [Witness name deleted/cms/tg]
Media:
http://www.mufoncms.com/files/24977_submitter_file1__08-04-2010.jpg
http://www.mufoncms.com/files/24977_submitter_file2__Unknown.JPG

  *

NUFORC Case # S77043
Occurred : 8/5/2010 23:45
Location: San Antonio, TX
Shape: Sphere
Duration:30 minutes or so
Summary: Sphere-like UFO sighted over San Antonio, Texas August 5-6, 2010

Report:
The object appeared in the northern sky above Camp Bullis, Texas. The object looked identical to the video taken in Moscow back in June 25-27, 2010.

The object was so high it looked like a star flickering in the distance. With the naked eye, you can see it flickering colors of blue, red and yellow-white and it appeared to be standing still. With the telescope, it appeared to be moving since I could not keep a fixed position on it.

The next day, a video was posted of the object during the day by another bystander. You can view the video at www.latest-ufo-sightings.net, look for the August 6, 2010 video in San Antonio.

In addition:

NUFORC Case # S77044
Sphere-like object with flashing lights seen in western sky over San Antonio, Texas

Just wanted clarify some things on my previous report. The object appeared in the west according to my compass not north.

When I said the lights flickered, they actually changed colors as if they were automatic not random.

The object also appeared to be moving since my telescope could not keep a fixed position on it.

((NUFORC Note: Sighting of Venus, we suspect. PD))

  *

NUFORC Case # S77015
Occurred : 8/6/2010 16:00
Location: San Antonio, TX
Shape: Formation
Duration:
Summary: "V" shapped formation with 4 objects.

Report:
well i was driving south on 35 going to San Antonio from Austin and i stopped at a rest area. then i look up to the sky and see a "V" shaped object flying threw the sky really fast . it looked like it was a boomerang object . it was very high in the sky i didnt get a really good look nut it looked as if there were 3 other objects were flying with it in a "V" formation and the sky was clear so i knew it couldnt have been falling stars or any air plains or jets it couldnt have been it was going way to fast.

  *

MUFON Case # 25230
Date/Time: 2010-08-06 00:00 GMT
Location: Archer City, TX
Shape:    Circle
Summary: Disc shape object

See LITS Report

  *

MUFON Case # 24996
Date/Time: 2010-06-20 21:00 GMT
Location: Mesquite, TX
Shape:    Circle,Sphere,Star-like
Distance:    500 feet or less
Summary: 3 bright yellow lights   

Report:
i first saw one bright yellow light moving to the east and making no sound. I didn't really think nothing of it. It left and out of no where another light comes out. basically out of no where. And then a third light comes and i realized that a airplanes that fast should be flying so close together.

  *

MUFON Case # 25048
Date/Time: 2010-08-07 00:00 GMT
Location: McKinney, TX
Shape:    Sphere
Summary: Black sphere going in and out of thunder head cloud.

Report:
Aug 7, 2010 aproximately 8:30 pm
My wife and I were in the park on the north side. She could not see the object with her naked eyes and never saw it. I described what I was seeing to her.

Evening daylight, almost due east, a huge towering cloud with an anvil top that was discharging lighning. The cloud was glowing brightly at the top because of the setting sun.

It was about 10 miles or more from us. I was looking at it with my highpower binculars and
noticed a shinney black dot or oval shape appear right next to the cloud. It was located just above the middle of the towering storm cloud. It stayed it that position for maybe one minute then went into the cloud. It was in the cloud maybe

thirty or forty seconds, then came out at the same position along side of the cloud. It stayed there for for over a minute, then moved off around the noth end of the cloud, turning to the north east and leasurly went that direction untill is was out of sight.

Aug 8, 2010 about 9:00
We were at our favorite spot again in the park. I was getting dark and a extremely intense light started approaching us from the south west, It looked to be maybe a half mile away when it stoped and just stayed in the same position for what seemed like three minutes. Then it went out. It looked like it was only a hundred feet from the ground. We saw what looked like light aircraft pass by with their marker lights on just shortly aftward. They were slightly to the south of where the object was only at a higher altitude.

Side note There was a NOTAM posted the the Dallas, Collin and some srounding areas were in a no fly zone for a period of time today Aug 9, 2010. The reason I received this NOTAM is because I fly RC Aircraft.

  *

8/8/2010
Breckenridge, TX
Moving Lights among the stars.

See LITS Report
(Was also reported to MUFON)

  *

NUFORC Case # S77074
Occurred : 8/9/2010 04:28
Location: Beaumont, TX
Shape: Flash
Duration:10 minutes
Summary: Flashing light takes off

Report:
Early am my dog barked to go outside because he is 17 years I have to lift him and take him outside my back fenced in yard. I sit on my patio and wait for him and if it clear I look at the stars. I am a very frequent flyer on Continental and know what planes look like at night.

I rushed for the video camera and of course not charged and no tape. The "flashing dot" completed circled this one star to the left then if I were not scared enough directly to the right I saw the same event around another star.

I watched going in and out of my home to see if I had enough charge to record the event as it was still happening and I would just add to and old tape. The object to the left got extremely bright and when this "flashing dot" was at the left side of the left star - "it" shot off to the left got very bright and almost looked like a falling star moving in a downward path almost the angle of a left side of a pyramid but was moving so incredibly fast.

At that point, I used a couple of choice words "holy shxx" to be exact and went inside and locked my door. Called while the event was occurring.

  *

MUFON Case # 25050
Date/Time: 2010-08-09 22:00 GMT
Location: Burkburnett, TX
Shape:    Circle,Fireball
Distance:    One mile or less
Summary: Straight up from horizon, then a hard left and radid acceleration.

Report:
I was placing the sprinkler on my lawn and as i set it and looked up, I saw a bright like appear over the horizon. The object appeared at the horizon facing due north from state highway 240 about 1 mile north of downtown Burkburnett. As the object appeared it was a very bright white light but very small and consise. It seemed to move straight up and slowed as it climbed to what appeared to be an altitude of about 1 mile. As the object slowed to nearly a stop, the intensity seemed to die off. My immediate thought was some sort of fireworks. However it had no type of contrail. (smoke, sparks, fire) Then it increased in intensity and rapidly accelerated in a WNW direction of mostly the same altitude. It took almost no time (1 second?) to be completely out of sight.

I am a paranormal investigator, (although mostly in other realms) not that it makes me any more credible, but I hear reports all the time. Right now I am completely dumbfounded and I really don't know what to think. Honestly as I watched, I got chill bumps and really just stood there with my mouth open. I'm really not sure what it was.

I love star gazing, and about four or five days ago, I saw a shooting star. Minutes later out of the corner of my eye, I saw another light that was different in intensity and direction. It just looked weird. But I blew it off as another shooting star. This episode started in the same area of the sky.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77113
Occurred : 8/10/2010 09:55
Location: San Antonio, TX
Shape: Flash
Duration:1 sec.
Summary: I saw a light trail flash in in the sky.

Report:
Okay, So i was walking back home from a friends house around 9:55 PM. I was walking around the corner of m street when i just took a quick glance at the sky. Right as i take that glance i see a red and white light trail and it just dissapeared. It was way too fast be any aircraft such as a plane or a helicopter. Im not sure if it was a UFO or a shooting star, But i know that a shooting star is white and a bright red.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77166
Occurred : 8/12/2010 22:00
Location: Fredericksburg, TX
Shape: Fireball
Duration:5 MIN
Summary: RED STAR LIKE OBJECT SEEN IN WESTERN SKY WITH UNEXPLINABLE MOVEMENTS

Report:
A LARGE SINGLE PULSATING RED BALL JUMPING UP AND DOWN FROM TIME TO TIME. AT TIMES IT WAS STILL AND AT TIMES IT WOULD JUMP AND A TIMES IT WOULD MOVE IN CIRCLES. IT WAS LOCATED AT A LONG DISTANCE(?) SLIGHTLY SOUTH OF WEST OF MY HOUSE. I LIVE IN THE GHOST TOWN OF MORRIS RANCH, TEXAS.

I OBSERVED SEVERAL DIFFERENT UPOS FROM MY BACK PORCH IN THE IN JAN. IN THE MID 1990'S. yr?

I AM A 66 YR OLD MALE WHO HAS LIVED HERE ON MY RANCH SINCE 1973. I AM SELF EMPLOYED FARMER AND FOOD PROCESSOR.

I AM A COLLEGE GRAD---BS FROM TEXAS STATE/BIO-CHEM DEGREE.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77223
Occurred : 8/14/2010 01:00
Location: Murphy, TX
Shape: Oval
Duration:3-4
Summary: Flying and blinking object over Murphy, TX

Report:
I am an avid basketball player and i was shooting some hoops around 1 am and i look up and see a blinking oval shaped craft that went from horizon to horizon in about 3 seconds. Then the ufo paused and vanished. But you could tell it took off, like it went into hyperspace like out of stars wars was the closest thing i could think of.

  *

MUFON Case # 25106
Date/Time: 2010-08-15 00:00 GMT
Location: Round Rock, TX
Shape:    Fireball
Summary: 5 Fast Glowing Orange Orbs over Round Rock Texas

See LITS Report

  *

MUFON Case # 25112
Date/Time: 2010-08-15 21:30 GMT
Location: Round Rock, TX
Shape:    Other
Distance: 20 feet or less
Summary: Multiple (12 or more) orange balls moving and turning at fast speed.

See LITS Report

  *


MUFON Case # 25119
Date/Time: 2010-08-15 00:00 GMT
Location: Southlake, TX
Shape:    Saturn-like,Star-like
Summary: 2 star-like objects in N. Texas near DFW, filmed for 30 mins

See LITS Report

  *

NUFORC Case # S77238
Occurred : 8/15/2010 20:30
Location: El Paso, TX
Shape: Unknown
Duration:5 minutes
Summary: The only thing I can say here is that yes, we are being watched.

Report:
This has happened several times in the past couple of months. I have seen a craft in space sitting there then just take off (away from this plant) I have seen the direction it goes. At one point all I saw a bright light. Then puff, it was gone.

In early July I saw a star just get bright then leave like watching a jet from behind. Again, I saw the direct it took.

*

NUFORC Case # S77242
Occurred : 8/15/2010 21:45
Location: Round Rock, TX
Shape: Oval
Duration:few minutes
Summary: Amber, oval lights over Round Rock, Texas on 8.15.10

Report:
Around 9:45p.m. CST in Round Rock, Texas, facing West, my mother and I were taking a walk. We had just been admiring the clear skies and looking at the big dipper before we turned a corner.

My mom pointed out the first light and I didn't even look and dismissed it as an airplane, she said. Then I looked up and up from the ground somewhere ahead of us flew amber tinted oval lights. They look like what a steet light in the dark.

One after the other they flew up at a 45 degree angles and then disappeared before our eyes as they went off into the distance. At one time one got so close to the other that it looked like it was on top of the other one.

As we watched several fly up into the sky I ran to my parents house and got my dad who witnessed the last couple fly up.

We counted 9 in a row.

Neighbors at the end of the street were also standing in awe and witnessed the same. We also ran into a group of boys who had been riding their bikes, who were standing on the sidewalk watching the sky in awe and asked us what we thought we all had just seen. It was scary and amazing at the same time.

We immediately thought of UFO's. After watching them fly off we did see an airplane in the sky headed another direction.

We knew after seeing the airplane that what we saw tonight was not an airplane, helicoptor, or anything else we have ever seen in the sky!

 *

MUFON Case # 25152
Date/Time: 2010-07-03 20:00 GMT
Location: Nederland, TX
Shape:    Sphere
Distance:    Unknown
Summary:  Bright object in sky   

Report:
My roommate and I decided to go to the Nederland High School track and walk around to get some exercise. It was evening, the sun was setting. My roommate and I were talking when I noticed a bright object in the sky. Thinking it was a plane or some other well known cause I ignored it. Moments later I realized the object was gone.

I told my roommate about it who remained skeptical. About 5 to maybe 10 minutes later the object reappeared in another part of the sky, much brighter. My roommate then noticed the object.

Even though it was bright the setting sun seemed to reflect off it. Then without warning the object disappeared once more. My roommate and I contemplated as to what it could be. Then the object appeared once more in another area of the sky. There were other people at the track at the time and I'm sure my roommate and I weren't the only ones to have witnessed this object. After the third time the object didn't return but several moments later several jets flew in the vicinity of where the object was.

  *

MUFON Case # 25155
Date/Time: 2010-08-21 23:45 GMT
Location: Farmers Branch, TX
Shape:    Triangle
Distance: Unknown
Summary: Reddish unmoving Chrismas tree/triangle like object in sky at night.

Report:
I was in my backyard facing east and saw a bright reddish christmas tree/triangle like silent & unmoving object in the sky. The moon was nearly full and quite bright. The stars/planets were dimmed by the brightness of the moon but not this object. Also there seemed to be a twinkling effect to the light from the object; I could not identify the shape of the discreet light sources in the triangle. I would say the predominant color of the light emanating from the object had an overall reddish tint but frankly I'm not great with colors.

The object was visually well above the tree line. If I named an altitude I'd only be guessing. The moon seemed (in comparison to the overall sky) to be the size of a dime and the triangle of lights seemed to be as large as the moon which made me think it was not a natural object.

I watched it off and on for about fifteen minutes right up until about midnight. It neither moved nor changed in brightness, shape or color. It also did not make any noise the entire time.

Also when I say Christmas tree or triangle I do not mean to say I saw an integrated body or skin to the object. I just saw lights in a roughly triangular pattern.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77446
Date: 8/26/2010
Time: 21:10
Location: Stephenville, , TX
Shape: Formation
Duration:1-2 min.
Summary: Multiple witnesses see orange/yellow lights while viewing Mars.

Report:
A group of us at work were actually veiwing Mars with some binoculars and turned around and saw the orange and yellow lights A line of Orange and yellow circle shapes in a line one higher one lower and so on.

Lasted only a min or so. Reminded one person of a Chinese Dragon as it moved. was in S/SW sky.

  *

NUFORC Case # S77372
Occurred : 8/22/2010 23:00
Location: Huntsville (near), TX
Shape: Light
Duration:2 hours
Summary: Hovering Glowing object for 2 hours near Huntsville Texas that moved around the western sky and appeard to shoot objects from it

Report:
Tonight at approx 11pm my husband saw what looked initially like Mars in size and color. He called me out after he had watched it fly quickly from one spot in the sky to another then stop, hover and go in circles. he siad he saw it shoot something from it. It was due west from our back porch.SO I came out to take a look. It appeared to be over Huntsville Texas.

In a 2 hour period this thing hovered,went in circles horizontaly, pulsed in brightness and in size. It moved VERY quicly back and forth stood perfectly still and shot out something that shined very brightly at least twice, we both saw it happen the 2nd time. Then the ejected object invisible, turned off its lights or burned up.

As the time went on, it dropped lower than our trees. We lost sight of itat approx 1AM. I sat in my chair and anchored myself, because I thought maybe My eyes were playing tricks on me. But they were not! This was definalty not a plane, not a helicopter, not a star, not a planet. It appeared to have a glowing aura around it at times and I did see beams, now I dont know if that was coming from the craft or from a helicopter around it that might have been flying without its running lights.

The night was perfectly clear and it was in my sight for at least 2 hours.

I hope others saw this and report it too!

  *

MUFON Case # 25213
Date/Time: 1990-08-31 00:00 GMT
Location: Cisco, TX
Shape:    Sphere
Summary: light chasing family car out in the country

See LITS Report


********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...