Monday, April 18, 2011

Update: MUFON, where art thou?



Many of you are aware of the recent problems within MUFON (Mutual UFO Network).  I've stayed out of it, letting MUFON take care of it's own.  Well, evidently they are no longer 'taking care of  business'.  Something has happened and MUFON's server is down, as in "Server Not Found".

I'd think nothing of it, if it were down for a matter of a few hours but it's gone well into overtime.  We're talking days now and still no sign of MUFON.   The last posted report was on April 14, 2011.  What's the deal?  Who pulled the plug?

When BAAS said adiós to MUFON, did they take the keys to the website server too?

People really want to know what is going on with MUFON?

Meanwhile, I am still here to take your emailed reports.  I will email you back, so don't use a bogus return address, or your report will end up in "File 13".

Report UFO Sighting

By the way, I offer this opportunity for anyone from MUFON to address their organization's current status.  Comments welcomed, or if you prefer to email me I will see that it is posted most haste.

- SW

*          *          *
UPDATE

It seems that not long after I posted this query, MUFON has reappeared.  I'm sure I had nothing to do with it...

I suppose the folks at MUFON plan to keep a lid on the whys and wherefores.  That certainly would help to prolong the mystery and allow conspiracy theories to abound. 


********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...