Sunday, May 15, 2011

Amber Lights South of Abilene

Click on map for larger view.


I received an email from a man in Novice, Texas, who along with others has seen amber colored lights in the sky.  Here is what he has to say:


Hello,
My name is
(name withheld by SW/LITS), and I live in a small town called Novice, about 30 miles south of Abilene.

I used to hear from my friends a lot when I was younger about strange lights they would see in the sky, but usually just dismissed it.

In the fall of '10, myself, both my parents, and two of my parents friends all witnessed them for ourselves.

In the southern sky, there were about 3 amber colored lights that would appear in the sky, then disappear about 30 seconds later, give or take. After they would disappear, they would re-appear in the sky but quite a distance away from where we first saw them.

Me and my father again saw the lights about 2 months ago, again in the southern sky. This time, it was at first one light, that appeared to turn into three. Stayed in the sky roughly 15 seconds, then vanished. Then, a single light appeared in another part of the sky, 25 or so seconds, then left.

I should probably mention that both times, after the lights were seen, after a period of 10 minutes give or take, there appeared to be very, very fast, high altitude jets that seemed to be trying to follow the lights movement, or so it appeared.

Also, almost everyone in this town has seen them at least one, even old farmers and retired vets.

If you have any questions, feel free to email.

Thanks,


(Name withheld by SW/LITS)

PS, regarding the possibility that they might be flares.
I found it pretty strange that the night I came across your website, was also the night that Abilene's local news station KTAB stated that "even pilots and military do not have a answer for what these lights could be", pretty much ruling out flares from a mainstream media POV.


*

Note:  I and many others have seen these lights outside of military operations areas. -SW


***************************************************

2 comments:

  1. I live in the Thumb of MI and for years people say they have seen unexplainable lights in the sky. My husband and son were out in the back yard a few nights ago and had one about 200yards from them. My question is, if they are visible at night are they around during the day? We just don't notice them because you can't see their lights. There is a Air Force Base about 4 hours from here, I see military air craft sometimes during the day. Is it possible it is the government? Anyway, would like to know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Concerned, is it possible you are in a military operations area (MOA)? There is a probability that it is what is known as black ops, as in top secret shadow government "UFO technology" but I don't have enough info to go on. I assume this object your husband and son saw was silent?
    To answer your question as to whether they are around during the day, some of them, yes. Apparently they are cloaked so you would not see them unless they want you to, or you know how to see them. Take pictures of the sky during the day, with an infrared digital camera. Something might turn up in one or more photos. If so, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...