Thursday, June 16, 2011

UFO Sighting and Possible Abduction in Maryland- 1961

Depiction by SW/LITS.


     *

A witness recalls that at the age of 10 in 1961, they were living in Kentlands, Maryland, when the witness observed a disc shaped UFO and apparently "lost time".

Now the witness claims they cannot watch a movie like "Fire in the Sky", without suffering a panic attack.

Here is that report as it was submitted to MUFON, with only minor corrections in spelling.  To see original report please click on case number.

     *

MUFON Case #   29571
Date:    1961-11-30
City:    Kent Village - Kentlands
State:    Maryland
Shape:    Disc
Summary:    observed UFO hovering above me... lost time.

Report:
I was about 10 years old & was outside playing in the dirt (with toy horses) and the air felt cool (like early spring or early fall) & I knew that it would be dusk sometime soon but it was still daylight.

I felt like I was being watched & I stood up & instinctively looked above me. I was not afraid and just stood there looking. I observed a large disk space ship hoovering above me over our back yard.

We lived in a place that used to be farmland, a new development still in the process of building townhouses (3 per building) & most were not complete yet & there were only a few young families who had moved in. The development was also next to a golf course. So it was kind of bare & isolated to some extent. Not many people around to notice a spaceship over someones yard.

I just stood looking up at the craft. I noticed that it had 3 big lights... one was a dome light, 2 were underneath & were 2 different colored lights. Then all of a sudden I noticed that I could see through the craft ... it was a disk and the middle was similar to a car steering wheel shape (like 3 spokes with spaces between them) wherein you could see between the spokes & now I noticed that I could see the stars & sky between the spokes. I wondered how that could be.

As it was leaving, moving to my right and angling up I could see it had lighted windows along the inside spokes & outside rim.  As the craft moved swiftly up & away (at first like slow motion & then it was gone in seconds) I ran into the back door of the house to tell my mother.

The house was not well lit, my mom wasn't inside so I ran out the front door & immediately stopped in my tracks confused that it was dark outside. My mother said what I saw was not possible unless it had been the Sputnik.

I am terrified of the movie "Fire in the Sky" & I have only seen brief parts of it... I feel like I am having a panic attack. I did not have any feelings like that at the time of sighting.

Click on map for larger view.




***************************************************

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Kentland at 7220 Euclid St next to the Golf course in the 60's My nick name was Boots, Anyway i did not see any UFOs then, But in the mid 70's We had one in front of are farm house in northwest Baltimore County one nite my mother saw it from her bedroom window, She saw flashing lights that's what got her attention when she looked out the window she saw what looked like people standing looking like they were arguing with one another, She told us the next morning, These things are out there !.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...