Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fiery Objects Seen In The Skies Around The U.S.- 7/2/2011



Depiction

Here are reports submitted to MUFON, of fiery object in the skies over several states.  Please note that the reports are "as is", with no corrections.
-SW

     *

Photo by witness- MUFON Case # 29875

Triangular shaped object with flickering red flame-like lights

MUFON Case # 29875
Date:    2011-07-02
State:    Oklahoma
Shape:    Triangle
Vallee Index: FB1

Report:   
When I first saw the object I thought it might be a firework, but it was so big and moved straight across the sky from East to West. I thought maybe an airplane was on fire, but it didnt look like an airplane. It was very triangular shaped with a point at the top almost like a fire with the light flickering darker and brighter. It held a straight steady course across the sky until it raised up and completely disappeared. I am a skeptic, but can't believe what I saw!! My husband and son saw it too. I took a picture of it, but it basically looks like a red streak of smoke. You can somewhat make out the triangular shape on the left side of the streak. I turned my camera when I took this picture, so it should be viewed with the streak going horizontally.

Photo Link

     *

Two pair of what appeared to be triangle shaped objects with orange lights
MUFON Case # 29866
Date:    2011-07-02
Time:   21:05
City:    Ward
State:    Arkansas
Shape:    Triangle
Vallee Index: FB1

Report:   
While at a early 4th of July cookout with my family, we observed one pair of low flying craft maybe 500 to a 1000 feet up traveling South to North. The objects had a very bright orange-red light on the bottom. The color looked like the color of a flare. After they both passed a certain point the lights went out but you could still see the objects which looked like they were somewhat like a three dimensional triangle. We watched them for several minutes until they were out of our sight. Just a couple minutes after the first pair went out of sight, a second pair appeared traveling the same path as the first, and with the same bright orange-red light which went off at the exact same point as the first two. We set realativly close to an Air Force base that uses C-130's and having been in the military and around different types of aircraft, both in the military and in my job as a police officer, I am sure that this was not a plane or helicopter of any type. There was absolutley no sound of any type with these craft. The craft were not flares or fireworks as they continued to travel on a straight and level path. There were no navigation or marker lights on the craft.

     *

Orange, fiery object rising from horizon, then moving across the night sky at a moderate rate of speed, then disappearing
MUFON Case # 29859
Date:    2011-07-02
Time:   21:45
City:    Steeleville
State:    Illinois
Shape:    Diamond
Distance: Over one mile
Vallee Index: FB1

Report:   
My son and I were in town getting a bag of ice from an ice vending machine in downtown Steeleville. As I was collecting the bag of ice from the machine, my son opened the truck door and said, "Mom, Mom what's that?" Traveling across the sky was an orange colored object. It continued in a straight line across the sky over our heads at a moderate rate of speed. At first, I thought it may have been a firework of some sort since it is the Fourth of July weekend, but when the object was directly overhead, I realized it could not be a firework. It looked like it was on fire as it flew over, but it did not burn out. It also was not an airplane. There was also an airplane flying over in the eastern sky and the colors of the lights were totally different. (Plane emitted a white light) My son(10) said he was watching the sky over some houses in front of him for fireworks when the object appeared from the horizon. This is when he alerted me to the object. After traveling in a straight line, as the object neared the opposite horizon from it's origin, it disappeared. We drove to the area where we saw it disappear, but saw no evidence of it at all. I have never seen anything like this in my life. It defied all my logical thinking of what it could be.

     *

Photo by witness- MUFON Case # 29872


Very bright, very large, Orange Ball of light moving horiziontally across the sky until it it shrank to the size of a star and dissapeared.
MUFON Case # 29872
Date:    2011-07-02
Time:   23:15 GMT
City:    Belleville
State:    Illinois
Shape:    Fireball,Sphere,Star-like
Distance: Unknown
Location: Town
Terrain: Fields
Visibility: Partly Cloudy
Vallee Index: FB1

Report:   
I was on the on the phone parking the car when all of the sudden directly in front of me, traveling horizontally from South to North along the treeline, I saw a bright orange ball about the size of a tangerine held at arms length. My first thought was, "oh look at the gorgeous firework". Then I realized that it was moving far to slow and steady to be a firework and way to level to be a Chinese lantern. I exited the vehicle quickly realizing that this was not something I had seen before, and was both alarmed an in awe. I am surrounded by farmland and it's a clear night on the Fourth of July....I am used to seeing all kinds of stuff this time of year...but this was different. This could only be described as nothing other than a bright orange fireball. It made NO noise whatsoever.

I hung up the phone and quickly tried to take a picture with my camera phone. But try as I might the photos weren't clear at all, and I was now running to keep up with it as it continued along the horizon gradually getting only slightly smaller. I then proceeded to try and get a video of the object from my phone...however the camera only saw black sky on the viewfinder. Now I was confused, alarmed and increasingly agitated . In the video all that can be heard are crickets and me saying "what is that?! and why is not visible on the camera? "

(That's right I am the stereotypical guy that could not get video of the blasted thing in a day when EVERYONE has a camera on them. I wont waste your time by posting the video its 20 seconds of me yelling at myself )

I put the camera away as I came up on the end of the dead end street I live on and met the edge of a large farmers field. It was at this point that the object had slightly curved ahead of me, and was now directly due north. It was then without warning or sound that it moved straight up in the sky at a high rate of speed until within milliseconds it went from the size of now a ping pong ball held at arms length, to a the size of a large star, only to shrink to match the size of any other star within the night sky. It dissipated into the sky like a star just fading out.

I kept repeating to my self now, "no one will believe me, I couldn't get it on film... I maybe have on VERY blurry picture of it. I cant tell anyone... who will believe me??"


I stared waiting to see if I would see anything else for only a minute or two...perhaps firework or a plane or anything, and it was just silent. Nothing. I turned to walk back to my home and proceeded to call my parents who I was on the phone with when this whole thing started, to explain to them why I had hung up so abruptly. As I began to explain, from the corner of the sky where the object originated, came three helicopters, flying in formation moving in from south to north following the direction the object went. I watched them until they disappeared from site...they took much longer, and they made noise.

I have NO explanation for what I saw... it was huge, it was glowing bright orange and looked almost like it was on fire....it moved slowly and completely parallel to the ground until it shot off into the sky. It just defies explanation.

I am attaching the one phone photo that actually came out. Its a really lousy picture, with no frames of reference and would never hold up in court... but its all I have. I just don't know what to think.

Photo Link

     *

See also the LITS Report of a Fiery Object Over Gunter, Texas


**********************************************

1 comment:

  1. Just saw one of these LAST night. My mom was coming home..burst in the door and said she saw something in the sky. We rushed outside and saw a bright orange object far off in the sky. She said there was two of them, but at this time one had disappeared and we viewed the remaining on for about 1-2minutes until it slowly faded BACK and away from us, then disappeared completely.

    ReplyDelete

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...