Monday, July 18, 2011

Pilot Reports Cigar Shaped Object Over Georgia - July 11, 2011

A pilot who is possibly a combat veteran, reported (to MUFON) a daytime sighting of a cigar-shaped object while driving northbound on I-75 approx halfway between Atlanta, Georgia. and Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Please note that the report is edited for spelling only.  To see original report, please click on case number.

     *

MUFON Case #  30211
Date:    2011-07-11
Time:    13:16
State:    Georgia
Shape:    Cigar
Distance:    One mile or less
Location:    Farmland
Terrain:    Woods
Visibility:    Clear
Weather:    None
Vallee Index:    FB1
Summary:    White cigar shaped object traveling at high rate of speed

Report:
On 7/11/11 at 1:16 pm eastern standard time I was driving northbound on I-75 approx halfway between Atlanta, Ga. and Chattanooga, Tn. I observed a white cigar shaped object at an approx altitude of 2,000 ft and a quarter mile in front of my vehicle. I estimate the object to have been approx 100-150 ft long, no markings, windows, wings, vertical stabilizer or any type of trail left behind it. The object was rounded off the same on both ends, not tapered as the nose on an aircraft would be. I am a pilot and very familiar with all types of aircraft. The object traveled from as far as I could see to my right (possibly 10 miles) to as far as I could see to my left (possibly 5 miles) in 3-5 seconds. The object was traveling on a straight trajectory and was going east to west. The speed of this object well exceeded the normal operating speeds of jet aircraft that you normally see in the sky.

There was no haze in the sky so I did get a very good look at the object in the short time I had. My first thought was of U.S. ships launching cruise missiles during the Gulf War. The object looked similar to the cruise missiles as they were cruising over the ground en-route to their targets.

*********************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...