Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The "Avengers" Battle Aliens On The Silver Screen

*



Video Link


Note:  If you don't like spoilers, you might not want to scroll down. 


I actually got to see a movie on it's opening weekend.  Hubby and I drove to the Majestic Theater in Eastland, Texas, to see the Avengers.

I have my dad to thank for my love of comic book heroes, both Marvel and DC.  When I was but a wee lass, Dad would take me to the local comic book store each week, where we would seek out new reading material, both new and used. How I loved those outings with my Dad.

Along with my college level science books, I always looked forward to flipping the pages of the 10 cent comics, following the stories and enjoying the artwork.  Some of mine and my Dad's Marvel favorites were Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, X-men and my personal favorite, Silver Surfer.   The silver surfboard flying alien may have his own movie by 2014.

Note that my Dad started reading comic books during WWII.

On the DC side, I favored Superman, Aquaman, The Flash and Green Lantern.  For some reason, I never was that much of a Batman fan but he sort of grew on me in my later years.  Maybe Adam West had something to do with that... or not.

As I got older, I had less time for comics, or maybe I thought I'd outgrown them.  I must be entering my second childhood, because the comic book heroes of my youth still engage me today, only now on the silver screen.

As for the Avengers movie, it was what I expected and that isn't bad at all.  The premise is alien technology in the wrong hands, brings more aliens and lots of destruction.  There's those pesky aliens again, which are apparently used by Loki (Thor's adopted brother) and led by Thanos (for you comic geeks out there). 

*
Thanos - "Bringer of Death"- Avengers end credits.


*

When it comes out on DVD, you can bet that I will be adding Avengers to my collection.  If you haven't seen the movie yet and you like the characters, fast action and high tech special affects, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  There's a spoiler at the end, so you know there will be a sequel.  I look forward to it.

Additionally, Robert Downey, Jr. as Iron Man... perfect.

-Sunny

More on the Avengers movie villains.

More on the beautiful and historic Majectic Theatre of Eastland, Texas, a step back in time.


            **************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...