Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Recent UFO Sightings in Oregon


There has recently been a number of UFO sightings reported to MUFON, from witnesses in Oregon.

Here are those unedited (as is) reports.

     *

MUFON Case # 42640
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 09/18/2012
Time of Sighting: 03:45 UTC
Viewing Distance: 501 Feet - 1 Mile
Sighting Duration: Undisclosed
Object Features: Window(s)
Object Flight Path: Straight-line path
Object Shape: Cigar, Cylinder
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: zero sound, very slow, very low. Quite clear.

Sighting Details:


I was awakened by a food service oil truck (recovering used fryer oil from nearby Jack In Box) and got up to have a smoke. As the truck was leaving I was looking to make sure of what kind of truck it was. I was a little upset because it was 3:45 AM and I had been sleeping well and wanted to know for sure what had caused the sound. As I was watching the truck move from West to East, lights from what I assumed to be an airplane caught my attention. The craft was moving North/Northwest and was within a quarter mile of me. It was almost directly overhead; perhaps 5 - 10 degrees to the East and almost 90 degrees above at first sight. I estimate the height of the craft to be below 1000 ft. There was absolutely no sound and it moved as if gliding. Steady lights (rosy/red) at the tips of the craft and random red lights blinking across the body of the craft between the two constant lights. It seemed that the center part of the craft may have been a window; possible occupants visible. Speed was reasonably slow, perhaps 50 - 100 MPH? I watched it for about a minute and a half until it was obscured by nearby trees/buildings. As stated above, my first reaction was airplane. But, then I noticed that there was no tail section, that it was just a cylinder with lights on both ends and =perhaps= a window through the center with lights blinking (not flashing if the distinction makes sense?) and I may have seen the movement of an occupant. It just made me shake my head in a sort of disbelief as I realized I was seeing something that I absolutely can not identify as a normaly viewed aircraft. Feel free to contact me if there are any other questions.

*

MUFON Case # 42630
Location: Portland, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 09/16/2012
Time of Sighting: 12:00 UTC
Viewing Distance: Unknown
Sighting Duration: Undisclosed
Object Features: Other
Object Flight Path: Path with directional change
Object Shape: Sphere, Star-like, Other
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: Saw orange & yellow light disappear when in flight path of plane

Sighting Details:


I was standing on my backyard deck smoking a cigarette when I noticed a very bright star that was pulsating, then I realized it was actually moving North to South. When I first saw it, I thought perhaps it was a plane, but the lights just didn't look right, the color was off. I then noticed that there was a plane (very recognizable) moving south to north directly at the object. I was concerned because I thought maybe they would hit each other as they were both pretty well lined up, but as the plane got closer, that is when the object dulled then I couldn't see it anymore. I was then thinking ok, not an airplane, maybe a really bright satelitte? I then went inside the house to tell my husband what I saw, then I went right back outside and notice that there was a very round and transluent object that appeared to me about the size of a nickel or so at about a 60 or 70 degree angle, at this point, I am asking my husband... not quite calmly to come outside and look because I thought maybe I was seeing things. He came outside and he also saw it moving from the north to the south going directly over our heads. It looked very much like a jellyfish. It at this point had a pale white light emminating from it, It was very round. It went behind the trees, and my husband ran through the house out the front door to see if he could see it anymore, I went inside to see if I could find my phone so that I could take video. I found my phone, headed out the front door and saw my husband standing in the road, he said he couldn't see it anymore. My husband said that he saw it from the front of the house when it changed shape to more of a crescent, like it morphed and headed east. He said he thought he saw it turn red as it did this, and that he thought he saw 6 pale white lights around it, but not like they were attached to the outside, more like they were just a part of it. It moved like a living thing. He said he was thinking to himself "did I just see what I think I just saw?" Once it changed direction and headed east, it went past the trees in the neighbors yard and he could no longer see it, he said he wasn't sure if it was decending, or it just looked like it was since it was moving, as it was deceptive. We discussed this for a while after we saw it, and were trying to decide what we had seen, we thought of balloons and parachutes, ultralights, but nothing we have ever seen before, compares to what we saw last night. I do have to say that my husband thought it was more like the size of a pea, whereas I thought it was more like a nickle, I would more likely trust his judgement, because I think I might have been more excited about it than he was. He tends to keep his cool better than I do in highly excitable circumstances.

*

MUFON Case # 42627
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 09/16/2012
Time of Sighting: 9:00 UTC
Viewing Distance: 101-500 Feet
Sighting Duration: 00:04:30
Object Features: Unknown
Object Flight Path: Hovering then path
Object Shape: Square, Rectagular, Teardrop
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: Ascended from Skinner's Butte treeline, looked like giant burning paper bag, flew over my apt., giant panel was visible when over me.

Sighting Details:


I live in Eugene, Oregon at the base of Skinner's Butte. I was taking my laundry from the laundry room to my apartment, so I was heading north. I was looking at the top of the butte because it is a spectacular sight; ancient trees from the Sequoioidae family (same as the redwood). Then, I see something that looks like a giant paper bag on fire ascending above the treeline. I'm not sure if the UFO was landed because the trees are covering my view of the top, but it was definitely ascending. It start heading directly towards me, making me think that someone was playing a really intricate, cruel prank and trying to catch my apartment complex on fire. But then, it never descended, it continued over my apartment complex. It flew almost directly over my head, but not quite, if I'm facing north, it was a bit east of me, but still flying directly south. As it flew directly over me, I realized that the flame was an EXHAUST changing with the wind and that there was also a large rectangular ship trying to blend in with the nights sky. The ship was changing it's colors from dark blues to black. It was trying to imitate a chameleon, but I'm not sure why the ship was fine with such a noticeable exhaust. The ship was also pretty slow moving, I cannot relay the speed exactly, but it seemed to me like it was moving around 5 mph. Another thing I am unsure about is the size of the rectangle/ship and how high above me it was. I know for sure that it was not high in the sky at all, my guess would be from 250-300 ft high in the sky. Also, I believe the rectangular ship to be about 40 ft long and around 15 ft wide. There was also a WOM WOM WOM WOM sound that I heard, however I am unsure of whether or not that was coming from the UFO, so I have been leaving that out when I tell family/friends about it. After it was around 100 ft away from me (heading south),I had two friends inside so I dropped all my clean laundry on the parking lot and sprinted to get them. By the time they got outside it was around 150 ft away, but it was still pretty magnificent because we all were lucky enough to watch it fly away. The UFO headed south across all of Eugene, so I am a bit confused why there was no news articles on it. I always tried to tell myself that the evidence was there for UFO's because of video's, articles, TV shows, accounts from two separate people whom I know very well, and people in the world who dedicated their LIFE to investigating them. However, there was something in my heart that doubted them still and I couldn't shake it for whatever reason. I researched military drones today (the day after) because I know that they are able to camouflage themselves well. I have learned that this was definitely not a drone or anything man has made. I also considered the possibility that the government has many very impressive weapons and ships up their sleeves that they are keeping secret, but I don't understand why a secret ship would be in Eugene, Oregon and why it would be flying so slow. Everyone that reads this, I SAW A UFO!!!! PS I'm sorry I don't have any video to show everyone, I'm just not the type of girl to take my cell phone to the laundry room.

*

MUFON Case # 42599
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 08/20/2012
Time of Sighting: 10:30 UTC
Viewing Distance: Unknown
Sighting Duration: 00:01:00
Object Features: Unknown
Object Flight Path: Hovering then path
Object Shape: Star-like
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: Saw what looked like a bright star just stationary, it went sharpe left down then off to right, two other sightings as well

Sighting Details:


About 10:30 pm I went outside to smoke looked, to the north east, up at what I thought was a bright star, a little brighter than jupiter was last spring, all of the sudden it move sharpley to the left (north) in a downward motion quickly then it slowly moved to the south then the veiw was blocked by a tree. I text my daughter about it! Next night about the same time went out to smoke and saw same object to the west, they are pretty high in the horizon. Wasn't sure it was the same until it moved, called my grandchildren out and we whatched it slowly move to the south east then stoped and suddenly got brighter and shot up into space and as it did so it turned to an orange ball just before it vanished, we saw a fast moving jet shortly after headed towards the exit spot. There was no objects blocking our line of sight, it makes absolutely no noise and I live by an airport and know very well the sound and looks of planes at night. Two nights later I went out again about the same time just in time to see it to the north get brighter and shoot into space. when it shoots into space it moves at a rapid rate of speed it only takes a split second, when it travels across the sky it's slow and almost as if it's floating and does change speeds, but always maintains the bright star like apperance, it is able to change directions suddenly, not sure of the distance away but it's up there. A week later I found out that some one I know that live a few miles away has seen the same object with her twin sister, she had told me the story before I told her what I saw. Have not seen it since that last week in August

*

MUFON Case # 42593
Location: Portland, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 09/15/2012
Time of Sighting: 10:00 UTC
Viewing Distance: 101-500 Feet
Sighting Duration: Undisclosed
Object Features: Unknown
Object Flight Path: Straight-line path
Object Shape: Fireball
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: 4 Red/Orange orbs flying in a straight path with no noise.

Sighting Details:


My wife and I were walking around the Pearl District looking for a place to get some dessert. As we got to a four way intersection I looked up and seen this single red/orange light traveling somewhat slowly coming from the 405 bridge heading in a SE direction. I pointed it out to my wife because it wasn't blinking at all and had no noise. We both thought I was a helicopter because it looked like it was low and slow. Two more lights of the same kind and size were came into view following the same path and they were traveling closer together than in relation to the first one. We listened for sound thinking they were helicopters. No sounds at all. As the two flew over our heads they never changed dslistance from each other and travelled at the same rate of speed. A fourth came into view and was further behind about the same distance the first one was to the second two. As these three were now very close we started to hear a helicopter so we thought that the notice was coming from these lights but then we seen the helicopter was over 405 bridge and was 5 or so times bigger than these lights and it was a typical helicopter with flashing lights etc. The middle two lights past over head by now and would have been behind buildings but at the rate of speed they were going the fourth one should still have been in view. We looked back up after noticing the helicopter and the lights were gone. We went down a block to be a longer view between the buildings but all the lights were gone. It could have been nothing. My wife thinks it was r/c planes but there was no noise and how boring would flying r/c planes in a straight line be? Just a very weird sighting.

*

MUFON Case # 42588
Location: Gresham, Oregon
Date of Sighting: 09/15/2012
Time of Sighting: 08:41 UTC
Viewing Distance: 501 Feet - 1 Mile
Sighting Duration: Undisclosed
Object Features:    Unknown
Object Flight Path: Straight-line path
Object Shape: Flash, Sphere
Weather Factors: Unknown
Summary: I have a green laser and i often point at stars to show people planets and so fourth. Well every so often something takes off leaving a long streak behind. these are NOT shooting stars. I have a feeling they do not like the laser. So they get out of dodg

Sighting Details:


I have a green laser and i often point at stars to show people planets and so fourth. Well every so often something takes off leaving a long streak behind. these are NOT shooting stars. I have a feeling they do not like the laser. So they get out of dodge. The interesting thing here is that these sightings are followed by silent what looks like mini planes. Very strange they appear out of no where traveling the opposite direction.

        *        *        *

[Editor's Note:  If you use a laser pointer for astronomy, please use it wisely.  Never point lasers at aircraft in the sky. 

If you shine a laser at an aircraft and it happens to shine on the cockpit, or into any window,  there is a real possibility of blinding the pilot (or passengers) and therefore, shining lasers on aircraft is very illegal (a felony). -SW]


            **************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

LITS is a site dedicated to the study of the UFO and alien phenomena. You'll find information about UFO sightings, alien abductions, astronomy, science and technology.

This is a Non-profit site. Comments that contain URLs will be deleted.

I do not edit comments, so if you don't want your address posted and you have a question, or have had a sighting you wish to report, please email me directly, rather than post a comment. My email addresses are listed on the "Report UFO Sightings" page. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...